El Rincon Rockets- OUR MISSION
Our mission is to ensure that all students actively engage in rigorous learning experiences as they acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to serve as positive, responsible and contributing global citizens within a technology-rich and continually changing, diverse world community.
As a learning community, we empower one another to create, communicate, collaborate and think critically within a technology-rich learning environment, believing in the unique talents and capabilities of each student.
- Rigorous, research-based curricular programs including Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) math, NGSS science, and a Balanced Literacy approach to reading and writing.
- Engaging STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) and design thinking offerings and a Robotics Team! The Rocket Arts and Innovation Lab houses Beebot and Ozobot coding robots, interactive learning tools, a green screen studio, Lego stations and more!
- Next Generation Science Standards are used to guide science instruction in the classrooms and in the wet or dry science labs.
- Technology-rich learning environment including 1:1 Chromebook or iPads in all grade levels, and an integrated technology set-up in each classroom.
- Spectacular, community-built learning garden allows students to participate in hands-on learning activities, planting, harvesting, composting and more!
- Arts and Music education in all grade levels with visual and performing art and music programs, as well as assemblies. All students participate in music programs, including Symphonic Jazz Orchestra, vocal music, band and recorders.
El Rincon Elementary is committed to expanding our focus beyond academic achievement alone. Our emphasis is on maintaining an environment that supports students as they develop the 5 core competencies of socially and emotionally skilled children:
- Self-awareness- the ability to recognize and name personal emotions
- Self Management- the ability to regulate emotions
- Social awareness – showing understanding and empathy for others
- Good relationship skills- ability to form positive relationships, work together, and effectively deal with conflict
- Responsible decision making- ability to make positive choices about personal and social behavior.
We believe that through the mindful practices of collaboration and communication that are taught across all content areas, children will develop an appreciation for multiple perspectives and deepen their understanding of the world around them.