Incoming 2016-2017 Executive Board:
- President - Maya Chason
- EVP - Lauren Jagnow
- 1st VP (Programs) - Nicole Woolsey
- 2nd VP (Fundraisers) - Jose Marquez
- 3rd VP (Green 5 & Sustainability) - Mara Bushansky
- 4th VP (Spirit Wear) - Barbara Hartell
- Treasurer - Melissa Erekson
- Financial Secretary - Devon Brown-Wood
- Recording Secretary - Laura Forsythe
- Corresponding Secretary - Summer McBride
- Parliamentarian - John Chason
- Historian - Kish Alexander
- Auditor - Michelle Adams
All parents are encouraged to become a member of the PTA!
The National PTA is the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. A not for profit association of parents, educators, students and other citizens, the PTA is concerned with education, health and well being of all children. PTA sponsors many of the enrichment programs El Rincon provides, such as assemblies, field trips, the Home Reading Program and many more.
Your $7.00 membership fee does not obligate you to volunteer your time or services; rather, it entitles you to vote on important issues concerning your child’s school. Membership is not limited to parents. Many families recruit grandparents, aunts and uncles, older siblings, and even the El Rincon students themselves as members. The PTA publishes a Parents’ Guide, that lists the many different ways you can get involved, as well as the names of contact people.