School Site Council
The School Site Council is a school-based decision-making organization whose central focus is supporting the best decisions for the students and staff. The School Site Council provides a means to improve communication and collaboration between the school and the community.
WHO MAY BE MEMBERS OF SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL?
The School Site Council is composed of our school community, with 5 school personnel and 5 parent/community members. Parents will be notified of vacancies and elections.
WHO MAY ATTEND SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEETINGS?
All School Site Council meetings are open to the public and members of our community are encouraged to attend.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL?
The major responsibilities of the advisory forum include the following:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school,
- Seek input from school advisory committees,
- Reaffirm or revise school goals,
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures,
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board,
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.