Come join us as we soar to new heights as a STEAM School!
El Rincon’s mission is to provide an environment that prepares students to develop necessary skills to be successful in tomorrow’s global community. Our state-of-the-art science and MakerSpace labs support our goal of providing STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math) education. STEAM education is an interdisciplinary approach where academic concepts are coupled with real world applications. Our continued emphasis on literacy includes extensive reading and both academic and creative writing across all content areas.
Through STEAM education, we go beyond the California state standards to foster the potential of all children by accessing their innate curiosity and stimulating their imaginations. At El Rincon we provide opportunities for inquiry, problem solving, exploration, and discovery of the natural world.
Our school community is also committed to expanding our focus beyond academic achievement alone. Our emphasis is on maintaining an environment that supports ALL students as they develop the 5 core competencies of socially and emotionally skilled children:
• Self-awareness- the ability to recongnize and name emotions
• Self Managment- the ability to regulate emotions
• Social awareness – showing understanding and empathy for others
• Relationship Skills- the ability to work together, deal with conflict, and form positive
• Responsible decision making- make positive choices about their personal and social
We believe that through the mindful practices of collaboration and communication that are taught across all content areas, children will develop an appreciation for multiple perspectives and deepen their understanding of the world around them.