Please keep in mind the following guidelines when your child is choosing clothes to wear to school:
- Shoes must have closed toes and closed heels. They must be flat heels- higher than ½-inch are not safe and are therefore not allowed. Tennis shoes are recommended.
- Belt ends must be tucked into a loop.
- Bike shorts, leggings, or tights can be worn under skirts or jumpers, but may not be worn alone.
- Scouting and religious attire is permitted.
- Hats are permitted on the playground, but not in the classroom.
- Tank tops must fit snugly over the torso; armholes cannot be so large that the torso is exposed.
- T-shirts with inappropriate pictures or slogans are not permitted.
- Stud earrings are permitted, but for safety reasons loops or dangling objects are not permitted.
- Excessively baggy pants are not permitted.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
Most dress code violations can be solved easily by having the student put on a sweater or by turning the inappropriate clothing article inside out.
If it is a violation that requires a change of clothing, such as baggy pants or unsafe shoes, the student will be referred to the office and the parents will be called to bring a change of clothing.
Every week the PTA sells Rocket Wear clothing apparel, which can be worn any day of the week.